5 SKINCARE INGREDIENTS THAT ARE HERE TO STAY!
There can actually be a scenario where ‘new year, new me,’ may not quite work the way you like. Especially when it comes to your skin. While it may seem like a new skincare ingredient pops up with every refresh of your social pages, your skin will always love some of them that do well for it. Here’s a list of some of our favourite ingredients in skincare, which we think are here to stay!
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hydration never goes out of style, and in our books, nor does Hyaluronic Acid. A substance that is naturally present in the skin, HA levels start to decline as we grow older. Adding HA back into the skin helps with hydration and suppleness. A powerful humectant that keeps skin moisturized through the day, it also promotes skin healing by controlling inflammation. The Neemli Naturals Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin C Serum pairs the humectant rich HA with the antioxidant properties of vitamin C, making it the perfect daytime anti-aging serum.
- Glycolic Acid: If you’re still saying “aha!” to AHAs, we’re with you. Glycolic Acid is one of the skincare industry’s favourite ingredients and for good reason. A great addition to acne-prone skincare, glycolic acid helps unclog pores and reduce redness. It effectively exfoliates dead skin cells from the upper layer of the skin, making it ideal to treat scars, skin discolouration, hyperpigmentation and dullness. While the Neemli Exfoliating Toner brings the exfoliating properties of glycolic acid together with the pH balancing properties of Apple Cider Vinegar for uneven, acne-prone skin, the Neemli Glycolic & Salicylic Acid Serum is a specially crafted serum to treat and prevent acne, unclog pores and reduce dark spots.
- Squalane: Naturally present in our skin, Squalane is a luxurious emollient that locks in skin moisture and protects against free radicals. Not to be confused with Squalene (with an e), which is derived from shark liver (eck!), Olive Squalane is plant-derived and helps in easing dry patches, fading dark spots and improving skin texture over time. It has both hydrating and antioxidant properties and in our books, that makes it quite the star ingredient! It works beautifully in the Neemli Turmeric Root & Olive Squalane Elixir, a glow-boosting facial oil that repairs and rejuvenates skin.
- Tea Tree Oil: Yes, we know this ingredient was all the rage a few years ago but the truth is, till those pesky pimples are around, tea tree oil will be around as well. This is because of its amazing anti-inflammatory properties that sooth inflammed and itchy skin. The properties in tea tree oil help in effectively destroying acne-causing bacteria and unclogging pores. When used in cleansers like this one, antioxidant-rich tea tree oil can help reduce and prevent acne, balance oil production and protect skin from damage.
- Oat Amino Acids: Considering amino acids are what our bodies use to construct proteins, we’d say this vegan version of it is indispensible in skincare. Derived from the hydrolysis of oat proteins, oat amino acids help with naturally moisturizing skin and balancing pH levels. They also help in not only rebuilding and renewing skin tissue, but also protecting skin from the detrimental effects of environmental exposure. Combined with other hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid, oat amino acids work well in providing gentle cleansing and moisturization – even for sensitive and oily skin. Have oily to combination skin? Try this fast absorbing, lightweight Neemli moisturizer that strengthens the skin barrier while keeping it hydrated and non-greasy.