Face masks are one of the most popular skincare products nowadays: celebrities and influencers are all posting photos of their me-time while sporting their favorite face masks on. But the real question is, what good do face masks really do for the skin? Are they really necessary for your skincare routine? Should everyone use a face mask? I am gonna answer every question with a single word: Absolutely.
Face masks are the perfect skincare treatment to help you with your skincare concerns. The right face mask can help hydrate skin, remove excess oils and help improve the appearance of your pores. They are also an excellent way to help pull out impurities. Another advantage of wearing a face mask: the feeling of having a toned and smooth skin.
Every healthy skincare regimen includes daily use and weekly use products. You can use a face mask once a week, or you can use it more than that depending on your skin and your skincare concerns.
Using a face mask helps to clear out the dead skin cells and rejuvenate our skin by making it smooth and glowing. it also helps to remove tan.
Both men and women can benefit significantly from using a mask and here is why.
Benefits Of Using Face Mask :
- Fast and visible results: Unlike other skincare products, face maks don’t have to be used continuously before you notice a visible difference to your skin. Masks can help skin look and feel smoother, refreshed and replenished with moisture in minutes, which is perfect when you need instant results.
- Deep cleansing: Sure, cleansing each day helps to clean your skin by removing dirt, oil, makeup and impurities from the surface of the skin. But did you know that proper masking takes the cleansing process to a whole new level? Only a good facial mask can help to draw out impurities that hide beneath the top layers of the epidermis. Some people say that their skin goes through a detoxing when they use a mask because they actually notice the changes in the skin while this is happening.
- Relaxation: Face masks don’t just offer results that improve the overall appearance of your skin, they can also be quite therapeutic. When they are infused with aromatic essential oils like mint and rosemary, a face mask can lift your spirit by stimulating your senses.
- Target every skin concern: just like your cleansers and moisturizers, face masks are also specifically suited to different skin types and concerns. There are so many variants of face masks, no matter how troublesome your skin maybe, you are guaranteed to find one which will quickly and easily treat whatever concerns you may suffer with.
- Unclog pores: Face masks do an excellent job in cleansing deep into the skin but they also work wonders in keeping the surface clean and clear. Not only do they get rid of dirt, but they also help remove the build-up of dead skin cells and absorb the excess oils that are clogging your pores. We all know by now that clogged pores can lead your skin down a bad path. As impurities settle on the skin, they get pushed deeper down until they are trapped into the pores giving bacteria the chance to grow. This can lead to that one horrendous giant pimple or a flurry of unwanted breakouts that can be the bane of your existence for days. Definitely not a pretty sight!
- Glowing skin: Masks, especially those with tingly mint in the formulation, can help stimulate blood circulation. The process of the mask drying on your skin and beginning to harden, along with the removal of the mask, causes an expansion in the blood vessels in your skin. This ensures an overall improvement in skin tone. You’ll be left with softer-feeling and smoother-looking skin, and you’ll also notice a radiant glow and a more refreshed appearance. So, relax, feel the tingle, breathe in the minty aroma and wait for your skin transformation.
- Helps overall regimen: Masking helps all of your other skincare products work more efficiently. If you want your day lotions, serums, and nighttime products to be absorbed by your skin quicker and deeper, then a face mask is a must. By masking on a regular basis, you can ensure that your toning, hydrating and protecting products will all perform better, providing you with the results you’re looking to achieve at a much faster pace.
- Blood circulation: Face masks boost and help stimulate blood circulation. The actual process of these power skincare products drying and hardening on your skin aids in promoting blood circulation on your face. This is because the blood vessels expand and more blood flows through the face, giving your skin much-needed nutrition and leaving your skin soft and smooth Aside from that, using a face mask also ensures an overall improvement of your skin tone. One use and you’ll definitely notice a more radiant glow and a very refreshed appearance right after. Put on a face mask, relax, feel the tingle on your skin and just wait for your skin’s magical transformation.
- Better absorption: another unique benefit of using face masks is that it helps all of your other skincare products work better. Using masks regularly will ensure that your toning, hydrating and protecting products will all perform better and faster as your skin can absorb them much more easily. They make the most out of your skincare products by giving them a boost. Talk about giving you the best bang for your buck, face masks got your back!
How to apply face mask:
Step 1: Be prepared to make a mess. If you’re going to apply a face mask while relaxing in the tub, you don’t have to worry about making a mess. You can cover your face, neck, and throat and just relax. If you don’t have time for a bath, then take the time to pull back your hair so it’s not near your face. Be sure to wear clothing that you don’t mind getting messy.
Step 2: Use your daily cleanser to remove all of the surface dirt, oils and makeup before you apply your mask. This will help to ensure that you receive all of the benefits your face mask was designed to deliver.
Step 3: Using damp hands, apply your mask directly onto your damp skin. Never rub the mask directly into your skin. Be sure to avoid the eye area, keep your nostrils clear and extend the mask from your face, down your neck and throat. Nothing worse than a young-looking face and an old wrinkly neck, right?
Step 4: Just wait. You can use these 10 minutes to relax, style your hair, check your email—whatever you want. Just be conscientious of the time and follow the directions. If the directions say you should leave on for up to 15 minutes, then that’s what you need to do. Just don’t leave your face mask on for 20 or 30 minutes. The product benefits are tied to the directions for usage. Be sure to follow them exactly.
Step 5: It’s time to remove the mask. Masks are designed to adhere to your skin. You don’t want to be too rough when removing it. Use plenty of water and a washcloth to gently wash away the mask. Pat, don’t rub, your skin dry with a towel.
It doesn’t get any easier than that when it comes to using a mask. Apply a face mask once or twice a week, and you will see the results yourself. They are good for every skin type and help to detoxify your skin and keep it hydrated.